Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Post. Well, for this blog anyway.

So, I have started a blog before, but never kept up with it. With this blog, I am hoping to share the journey I am on with working toward receiving my bachelors degree in Christian Ministry. I want to share some of the papers I have written, thoughts on the theology I am learning, and give insight to those who may wish to begin an online program. I will also share thoughts and beliefs on life, love, and Christ. My family will always be included in this, as they are an integral part of the path I am on.

First, I would like to tell you how I became a Christian Ministry major. It is not something I thought I would ever consider doing. Throughout high school and my first two years of college, I was completely focused on vocal music. I was never sure of what I would do with that degree, but I love to sing, so it seemed simple enough to do. I struggled to stay in school and ended up dropping out after my third semester. Shortly after that, my husband and I got married, I was working full time to help him finish his degree, he took a youth pastor position in Colorado, and I was pregnant with our first son. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom, and by the grace of God I was able to do that. 

To make a long story short (er), 7 years later I have four little boys by the names of Gracen, Payton, Braden, and Kamden. I had no time to consider getting a degree. Two years ago I was sent a random e-mail about an online Christian Ministry degree, which I promptly deleted.  I received a few more of these e-mails over a two year period while God kept poking me and pushing me in this direction. It is not that I did not want to do it, I just was not paying enough attention to realize that is what He was doing. 

I finally started paying attention, filled out all the applications for aid, and received full availability of funds to have everything paid for, including books, laptop, etc. That is quite the confirmation of a call! From here, I will let you know more, but that is all I am giving today. I need to go feed my kids lunch, among the many other things I need to do. But i will continue to fill you in with details as I go along. Thank you for reading and have a blessed day. 
Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment